Q&AANPIC Q&A General users
- 1. Logging In
- 2. Safety Reports
- 3. Confirming Safety
- 4. Notifications from ANPIC
- 5. Bulletin Board
- 6. Questionnaire
- 7. User Information
- 8. The App
- 9. LINE
- 10. Other
PLUS ※This Q&A is for users of the ANPIC PLUS version only.
1. Logging In
- Is there a limit to the number of times my login attempts can fail?
- There are no restrictions on the number of login attempts.
- Is there a limit to the number of times my login attempts can fail?PLUS
- If three attempts to login fail, a reset email will be sent to your registered email address.
You will need to perform the processes stated in this email.
- What should I do if I forget my password?
- Click “パスワード再設定［Reset Password］” on the login screen, enter your login ID, and a password reset email will be sent to your registered email address.
You will be able to reset the password at the URL stated in this email.
※Please make a request to the administrator to reset your password if you have forgotten your password and have not registered (or do not know if you have registered) your email address.
- What should I do if I forget my ID?
- You will need to contact the administrator.
- I am unable to login despite entering my ID and password.
- Try one more time, making sure that there are no errors.
・The ID and password are case sensitive.
・If you used copy & paste to fill in your ID and password, check to see if an additional space has been left at the end.
If the problem persists after checking the above, make sure that you are at the correct login screen URL.
- Where is the QR code?
- It can be found at the bottom of the login screen and the bottom of the menu.
2. Safety Reports
- Can I check if my safety report was made correctly?
- It has been correctly submitted if “Your safety information was registered correctly.” is displayed immediately after making the safety report. File a further report via the safety report screen if you have any concerns.
- A previously reported safety situation has changed. How can I update it?
- Report your latest situation by any of the following methods. The safety report will be overwritten.
・Click the email URL and make a report
・Login to the ANPIC website and make a report from the “安否報告［Safety Report］” screen
・Make a report from the app
・Make a report from LINE
- I have three registered email addresses, do I need to respond to all of them?
- You may respond to any one of these.
- Does the “Safety Report” screen support any languages other than Japanese and English?
- The “Safety Report” screen is available in Japanese and English only.
- How do users with an SSL non-compatible cellphone make a report?
- The email body will state “If you are unable to access the above URL, please report your safety situation here.” alongside a URL; you will be able to make a report by clicking this.
- What are the rough fees charged when making a safety report?
- This will depend on your contracted cellphone type and rate plan, however will be no greater than a few dozen yen.
- The URL is not a hyperlink.
- Change the mailer and mailer settings.
3. Confirming Safety
- There are no search results when I enter a name in “安否検索［Safety Search］”
- This may be caused by any of the following:
・An input error
・The person is affiliated to an organization for which safety search is unavailable
・The presence or absence of a space between the surname and given name (depends on how the name was registered)
・The person has not yet made a safety report
・The person is not registered
4. Notifications from ANPIC
- I do not know how to configure my specified receiving settings.
- Materials have been prepared for each carrier. Contact the administrator.
- I do not know the password for the terminal used to configure my specified receiving settings.
- Check with the store where the terminal was purchased.
- I have received the same safety check email multiple times.
- One email will be sent to each registered email address. If you have three registered email address, then a total of three emails will be sent, one to each address. Respond to one of these.
In addition, if you are concurrently affiliated with multiple organizations, you will receive an email for each affiliated organization. Respond to any one of these.
- I made a safety report one hour ago, but have received another safety check email.
- In the event of a major earthquake, if the seismic intensity of an aftershock exceeds the set value, then an email shall be sent due to the expectation of damage having occurred. The administrator requires safety information, so be sure to report your latest situation.
- When I click on the URL in the safety check email, the login screen is displayed rather than the safety report screen.
- If cookies are disabled, change your settings to enable cookies. In addition, this situation may occur after changing your password if you click on the URL of an email sent prior to the change. Use the system after logging in via the login screen.
- When I click on the URL, a warning is displayed and I am unable to access the report screen.
- The email body will state “If you are unable to access the above URL, please report your safety situation here.” alongside a URL; you will be able to access by clicking this.
- I have received multiple safety check emails on the same cellphone.
- For manual email you will receive one email for each email address, however for automatic email you will receive one email for each of your affiliated organizations. If you are affiliated with multiple organizations you will receive the same safety check email for each of your affiliated organizations.
- Can I reply to emails from ANPIC?
- All ANPIC emails are sent from an unmonitored address, so do not reply to these.
- I am not receiving emails as I have not configured my spam email settings.
- Even if you have not configured your spam email settings, there may be default settings in place from the time of purchase. You can explicitly permit emails from ANPIC by configuring specified receiving permissions.
- I am not receiving emails from ANPIC.
- Check the “メール［Email］” section of “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”. (Make sure that this is after the next update at 0:00)
If there was an error in the send status, the following message will be displayed in red, so please respond in accordance with the content of the message. In addition, the email may have been received but automatically moved to your spam folder. Check your spam folder and then configure your specified receiving settings.
Message Message Meaning (No message) (No message) 存在しないアドレスです。
The email address does not exist. Edit the email address. アドレスは存在しますが何らかのエラーです。
The address exists but there is an error.
Try resending the email, editing the address, or reviewing the email settings.
Unknown error. Try resending the email, editing the address, or reviewing the email settings. アドレス登録後・変更後もしくはメール送信後、
After registering or changing the email address or after sending the email, the result will be unknown prior to the transmission status update.
- I am unable to receive notifications from ANPIC in LINE or the app.
- Check the “通知［Notification］” field in “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”.
If there is an error in the transmission status, this will be displayed in notification receive status.
・”受信不可(端末情報取得失敗) ［Cannot be received (terminal information acquisition failure)］”
→Restart the ANPIC app. Or return ANPIC app “Notifications” to “No Notifications”, and then configure the settings in “App” once again.
・”受信不可(プッシュ通知不許可)［Cannot be received (push notifications not permitted)］”
→Enable the ANPIC app notification settings.
・”受信不可(GooglePlay 開発者サービス無効)［Cannot be received (GooglePlay developer service disabled)］”
→Enable the GooglePlay developer service.
・”受信不可(一時的なエラー)［Cannot be received (temporary error)］”
→Resend the email.
・”受信不可(友達登録なし)［Cannot be received (not registered as a friend)］”
→Release the block on LINE.
- When making a safety report using a feature phone, I am not transferred to the safety report screen even if I click the URL.
- The email body will state ” If you are unable to access the above URL, please report your safety situation here. ” alongside a URL; you will be able to make a report by clicking this.
- An email was delivered regarding an earthquake with an “unconfirmed epicenter”, and then another email was later delivered stating the epicenter of an earthquake that occurred at the same time. Does this mean that two emails were delivered for the same earthquake?
- Two emails are sent in such cases.
Even if the epicenter is unconfirmed, as the area in which the earthquake occurred can be identified, a safety check email will be sent in accordance with the local settings of the administrator even though the epicenter has not yet been identified. Then, if there is a change from epicenter not confirmed to the epicenter being officially announced (as the status of an earthquake may change from unconfirmed epicenter to an officially announced epicenter), a further safety check email will be sent with the correct information.
5. Bulletin Board
- Can general users post on the bulletin board?
- General users are not permitted to post on the bulletin board. Make a request to the administrator if you need to post something.
- Are users notified when a post is made on the bulletin board?
- A notification will not be issued. Login to the ANPIC site to check the bulletin board.
- Can I make a further response to a questionnaire I have already responded to?
- Yes, you can. Login to the ANPIC site, click on the applicable questionnaire name from ” アンケート回答［Questionnaire Response］”, and make further responses. In addition, you may make further responses via the URL stated in the email requesting you to respond to the questionnaire. The questionnaire content will be overwritten when you make a further response.
- Can I see the questionnaire results?
- General users are unable to view the results. Contact your administrator.
7. User Information
- My name has changed. What should I do?
- Contact the administrator to change your name.
- My affiliated organization is incorrect. What should I do?
- Contact the administrator to change your affiliation.
- What should I do if I want to change (add / delete) my email address?
- Login to the ANPIC site and make the change via “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”.
- I would like to change my email address on the account settings screen, however the address has a chain mark and cannot be changed.
- Items with a chain mark cannot be changed via ANPIC. Contact the administrator.
- Can I check if emails will be delivered to my registered email address?
- Login to the ANPIC site and you will be able to send a test email from “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”. If there is an error in transmission status, a message will be displayed in red in the email address field of “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”. (However, the display will be updated at 0:00 on the day following that on which the email was sent)
- Can my registered email address be seen by the administrator?
- Your email address cannot be seen even by the administrator. The administrator is only able to confirm the number of registered email addresses.
- Can I register a cellphone short message service (SMS) address?
- Short message service addresses may not be registered. An email address needs to be registered.
- I would like to change my password, what should I do?
- You can change your password by any of the following methods.
・Change from “パスワード再設定［Password Reset］” on the login screen.
・Login to the ANPIC site and change from “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”.
・Ask the administrator to reset your password.
- What should I do if I want to change my notification destination from LINE to the app or from the app to LINE?
- You can make a change via the app.
・Tap “通知［Notifications］” in “設定［Settings］” on the menu. Check the box next to the method you would like to change to.
8. The App
- Can I check if push notifications will be delivered?
- Login to the ANPIC site and you will be able to send a test push notification from “アカウント設定［Account Settings］”.
- I would like to change the “デバイス名［Device Name］” stated in the account settings screen.
- The device name cannot be changed.
- What does the “Update Date” stated in the account settings screen refer to?
- It is the date on which the user downloaded and logged in to the smartphone app. It is updated each time that the user logs in again.
- The login button cannot be clicked even after entering my ID and password.
- ・Configure [Settings] – [Safari] “Block Cookies” to either “Allow for Visited Websites” or “Always Allow”, and access the website again via the ANPIC app.
- I am unable to login.
- Check that the URL, ID, and password are correct, and try one more time. If you have copy and pasted your ID and password in particular, an extra space may have been added at the end of your ID or password.
- Will I incur fees if I remain logged in?
- No communication will occur when not in use, so you will not incur any fees.
- Will I receive push notifications if I am logged out?
- You will not receive push notifications while logged out.
- I am not receiving push notifications.
- Configure your settings to receive push notifications. In addition, make sure that you are logged in.
- Login to the app, tap the home icon, and return to the login screen.
- If you have an iPhone, this may be caused by your cookie settings in Safari.
This phenomenon occurs when [Always Blocked] is checked in [Settings] Icon – [Safari] – Privacy and Security [Block Cookies]; place a check in a field other than [Always Block].
- Are app users required to register an email address?
- Users who are logged in to the app can receive notifications from ANPIC even if they have not registered an email address. However, in the case of a major disaster, it is better to have multiple lines of communication, and there are communication characteristics for those sent by email and the app. We ask users to configure settings for both of these where possible so that various situations can be responded to.
- There are no results when I search for ANPIC in the iPad AppStore.
- Tap “iPad only”, which is displayed at the top of the iPad AppStore, and switch to “iPhone only”. The ANPIC app will be displayed if you search with this setting.
The ANPIC app is not for the iPhone only. It can also be used without problems on an iPad.
- Will my LINE ID be published?
- You do not need to register your LINE ID. Neither the administrator or general users will know your LINE ID.
- Will I be registered to a corporate group LINE?
- There is not a group LINE.
- Will I incur fees for using LINE?
- No separate fees will arise when using LINE.
- Can I reply to LINE notifications?
- LINE notifications cannot be replied to.
- I have registered my LINE and email address, do I need to respond to both?
- It is fine to reply to just one of LINE or email.
- I have registered my LINE, so can I delete the app?
- You need to be logged in to the app in order to receive notifications from ANPIC on LINE. Do not delete the app. Be sure to stay logged in.
- Can I receive notifications on both the app and LINE?
- Notifications can be received on either, in accordance with the settings configured in notification settings.
- I am not sure whether to receive notifications via the app or LINE.
- It does not really matter, however if you use LINE every day, have notifications sent to LINE. Have notifications sent to the app if you do not have LINE installed.
- The notification settings screen is not displayed in the app.
- Update the app to the latest version.
- If I have my notification settings configured for notifications to be sent to LINE, should I have both the app and LINE on the same terminal?
- Make sure you have both the app and LINE installed on the same terminal.
- I cannot connect to the ANPIC website.
（→Startup Guide 1-3 Usage Environment）
- What should I do if I change my model?
- If your email address changes, be sure to change your registered email address on ANPIC. Then login to the app again.
- In the case of a major disaster, what should I do if an email is not sent right away?
- Even if you do not receive an email, be sure to login to ANPIC and make a safety report via the safety report menu. In addition, you can make a safety report from the app or LINE.
- I left my cellphone behind when evacuating. How should I report my safety?
- Login to the website from the evacuation center or nearby location via a PC or terminal connected to the internet and make a report. In addition, if you inform the administrator of your safety by any method, the administrator will be able to make a report on your behalf. The disaster message service (171), etc., will be available even in the case of disaster, so we recommend that you learn how to use this service.
- Is there a way for my family to confirm my safety?
- Click the “安否検索［Safety Search］” tab on the login screen and enter the name. Contact the administrator if you cannot enter the name.
- Is “one connected terminal per Wi-Fi” an absolute requirement for communications?
- It is not an absolute condition, however multi-terminal connections may result in communication failure.
- Is it necessary to register both an email address and the app or LINE?
- If you do not have the app environment, it is fine to register your email address only. Otherwise, we recommend that you register both. The app and LINE method allows for push notifications to be sent without passing through a mail server and without carrier restrictions. On the other hand, this method has the disadvantage of possibly being reliant on the Wi-Fi, etc., communication status. As you will need to login again when changing model, it is possible that a timelag will occur. Considering the possibility of a major disaster, it is incredibly important to make sure that you have multiple means of communication, so we highly recommend that you register both.
- I would like a manual and related documents.
- You can download the latest version on the customer website. Contact the administrator.
- I have two smartphones, can I have notifications delivered to both?
- App and LINE notifications can only be set for one smartphone.
- Is the administrator able to confirm the positional information from a safety report?
- Positional information is not obtained on ANPIC. The administrator will not be able to check positional information.